The PPRS 2015 Scholarship Application is now available. The application deadline is Friday, May 15, 2015. All full-time Pennsylvania college/university students majoring in a communications-related field of study are eligible to apply for this $1,000 scholarship. To download the scholarship application, click here: 2015 Scholarship Application.
One $1,000 scholarship recipient will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. A legal Pennsylvania resident
2. A full-time student who will begin his or her junior or senior year in the fall of 2015 while majoring in a communications-related discipline at an accredited Pennsylvania college or university
3. Academic achievement requiring a current college grade point average of 2.75 or higher, based on a 4.0 scale
4. Extracurricular activities and campus/community involvement
5. Strong writing skills
Please compile and mail the following documents, postmarked by Friday, May 15, 2015, to the PPRS Student Development Committee Co-Chair listed below to be considered for the scholarship:
1. A completed application form, including a personal essay submitted on a separate sheet of paper.
2. Official college/university transcript with most recent semester grades (in sealed envelope from college/university)
3. Two letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes.) At least one of the letters must be submitted by a public relations/mass communications/journalism professor or faculty member from your respective school.