Are you …
- an upcoming junior or senior?
- needing more funds for tuition?
- a legal PA resident and full-time student?
- involved in extracurricular activities?
- a strong writer with at least a 2.75 GPA?
Pennsylvania Public Relations Society wants YOU to apply for its $1,000 Communication Scholarship! Application deadline: postmarked March 11, 2016.
Pennsylvania Public Relations Society (PPRS) Student Development Committee encourages all full-time Pennsylvania college/university students majoring in a communications-related field of study, i.e. public relations, journalism or mass communications, to apply for the PPRS $1,000 Communication Scholarship.
One $1,000 scholarship recipient will be selected based on the following criteria:
- A legal Pennsylvania resident
- A full-time student who will begin his or her junior or senior year in the fall of 2016 while majoring in a communications-related discipline at an accredited Pennsylvania college or university
- Academic achievement requiring a current college grade point average of 2.75 or higher, based on a 4.0 scale
- Extracurricular activities and campus/community involvement
- Strong writing skills
- A completed application form, including a personal essay submitted on a separate sheet of paper.
- Official college/university transcript with most recent semester grades (in sealed envelope from college/university; fall 2015 grades are acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes.) One of the letters must be submitted by a public relations/mass communications/journalism professor or faculty member from your respective school (a teaching assistant who has taught you is an acceptable reference). The second reference should come from a professional who can speak to your ability to apply public relations skills (an internship or practicum supervisor, work-study or work supervisor, or club advisor for whom you completed public relations tasks).
Click here to download the scholarship application form.